Classic Tour – East
East Sri Lanka tour almost covers all of the East in Sri Lanka. It has a lot of significant places in the East and also it has designed in a unique way to get a fabulous experience to the visitors. By engaging with this tour, the visitor will get a unique experience while his/her stay in Sri Lanka. The mentioned small village Kattankudy will be a unique experience to the visitors. Enjoy your tour in Sri Lanka.
7 Nights 8 DaysRoute: Airport – Dambulla – Sigiriya – Polonnaruwa – Pasikudah – Batticaloa – Kattankudy – Arugambay – Kumana – Galle – Colombo – Airport
Day 01 Arrival / Dambulla
- After the arrival at BIA proceeding to Dambulla
- Evening visiting Dambulla Rock Cave
- Dinner and overnight at Heritance Kandalama or similar kind of a hotel
Day 02 Sigiriya / Habarana
- After breakfast Visiting to Sigiriya
- Evening Elephant ride
- Dinner and overnight at Cinnamon Lodge, Habarana or similar kind of a hotel
Day 03 Polonnaruwa / Pasikudah
- After breakfast proceeding to Polonnaruwa
- Visiting the historical places in Polonnaruwa
- After lunch proceeding to Pasikudah
- Dinner and overnight at Sunrise by Jetwing or similar kind of a hotel
Day 04 Batticaloa / Kattankudy
- After breakfast proceeding to Batticaloa
- Visiting Kallady Bridge, Batticaloa gate
- Evening Boat ride in the Lagoon / Kallady Beach
- Dinner from the small village Kattankudy
- Overnight at Sunrise by Jetwing or similar kind of a hotel
Day 05 Arugambay
- After breakfast proceeding to Arugambay
- On the way Visiting Sangamankandy beach and Muhudu Maha Viharaya
- Evening visiting Arugambay Beach
- Dinner and overnight at Jetwing surf or similar kind of a hotel
Day 06 Kumana / Galle
- After breakfast proceeding to Kumana Bird Sanctuary
- Safari ride at Kumana Bird Sanctuary
- After lunch proceeding to Galle
- Evening visiting Unawatuna Beach
- Dinner and overnight at Amari Galle or similar kind of a hotel
Day 07 Galle
- After breakfast Visiting Galle city
- Visiting Galle fort, Galle lighthouse
- After Lunch visiting Jungle beach
- Dinner and overnight Amari Galle or similar kind of a hotel
Day 08 Galle / Colombo / Depature
- After breakfast proceeding to Colombo
- Shopping and City tour in Colombo
- After lunch Proceeding to BIA to drop off
Dambulla is a huge town, arranged in the Matale District, Central Province of Sri Lanka, arranged 148 km (92 mi) north-east of Colombo and 72 km (45 mi) north of Kandy. Because of its area at a noteworthy intersection, it is the focal point of vegetable dispersion in the nation. Real attractions of the region incorporate the biggest and best saved give in sanctuary complex of Sri Lanka, and the Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium, acclaimed for being worked in only 167 days. The territory additionally brags the biggest rose quartz mountain run in South Asia, and the Iron wood backwoods, or Na Uyana Aranya. Ibbankatuwa ancient entombment site close Dambulla give in sanctuary buildings is the most recent archeological site of noteworthy verifiable significance found in Dambulla, which is situated inside 3 km (1.9 mi) of the surrender sanctuaries giving proof of the nearness of indigenous civilizations well before the landing of Indian impact on the Island country.
Sigiriya is an antiquated shake post situated in the northern Matale District close to the town of Dambulla in the Central Province, Sri Lanka. The name alludes to a site of authentic and archeological essentialness that is overwhelmed by a huge section of shake almost 200 meters (660 ft) high. As indicated by the antiquated Sri Lankan narrative the Culavamsa, this site was chosen by King Kasyapa (477 – 495 CE) for his new capital. He constructed his castle on the highest point of this stone and finished its sides with beautiful frescoes. On a little level about most of the way up the side of this stone he constructed a portal as a colossal lion. The name of this place is gotten from this structure — Sīhāgiri, the Lion Rock. The capital and the imperial royal residence was deserted after the lord's demise. It was utilized as a Buddhist cloister until the fourteenth century. Sigiriya today is an UNESCO recorded World Heritage Site. It is a standout amongst other protected cases of antiquated urban arranging.
Polonnaruwa is the primary town of Polonnaruwa District in North Central Province, Sri Lanka. Kaduruwela zone is the Polonnaruwa New Town and the other piece of Polonnaruwa stays as the illustrious antiquated city of the Kingdom of Polonnaruwa. The second most antiquated of Sri Lanka's kingdoms, Polonnaruwa was first announced the capital city by King Vijayabahu I, who vanquished Chola intruders in 1070 to rejoin the nation again under a nearby pioneer.
The Ancient City of Polonnaruwa has been proclaimed a World Heritage Site. Right now, the new Polonnaruwa is experiencing a noteworthy advancement venture known as the "Enlivening of Polonnaruwa" under the idea of President Maithripala Sirisena. It imagines the advancement of all areas in Polonnaruwa including streets, power, horticulture, instruction, wellbeing and condition will be created comprehensively.
Batticaloa or simply Batti is a beautiful and historic city in Sri Lanka. The city is surrounded by marvelous lagoons and palm trees. People called this city – ‘the land of the singing fish.’ The entire city is a small city with a fewer population. This city is steeped with beautiful sandy beaches, lagoons, and historical architecture from the Dutch empire. There are several exciting things to do in Batticaloa. From historical sites to cultural attractions, explore the exhaustive list of all other local attractions in Batticaloa. Discover new places to see and unique things to do nearby Batticaloa. Highlights of Batticaloa includes historical monuments, natural attractions, adventurous and entertainment activities to do, places to eat and drink. Provided with all the things to do in Batticaloa with address, reviews, facts, photos of travelers & more.
Among those attractions, Passikudah Bay is the top attraction of Batticaloa, which contains a thin set of coral reefs heading towards the outside bay with sprinkled coral communities inside the bay. This place is linked with the similar reef systems that are further south to the Kalkudah Passikudah is famous for its calm water and it is located 28 km north of Batticaloa district.
It has some of the best sandy beaches in the entire Sri Lanka such as – Pasikudah and Kalkuda. These beaches are extremely beautiful with shallow waters. Apart from these beaches, there are also other beaches that draw many tourists from around the world. These beaches include – Nasivanthivu beach in Vaharai, Palchenai beach, Mankeni beach, etc. All these beaches are ideal for gathering and people will enjoy the soothing sceneries along the beaches as well. Also, the sunrise and sunset sceneries in these beaches. In addition to that, Batticaloa has several boat spots in which you can go for a boat ride. Training guides will guide you with safe equipment. Remember that boat rides become more exciting because of the lagoons in Batticaloa. Within these lagoons, there are a few tiny islands that are perfect for bird watching and camping.
Kattankudy is a small village located in East Sri Lanka and it is 6 Kilo Meters away from the main city Batticaloa. Kattankudy is one of the many Muslim dominated towns in Sri Lanka. It is said that Kattankudy is the most densely populated city in Sri Lanka with nearly 50,000 residents, calculated at 6,726 inhabitants per square kilometer in 2012. Sri Lanka’s one of the favorite foods called “Kottu Roti” is also invented in the village Kattankudy. This village is very popular for their own cultural foods and for their handlooms. By engaging with this tour, the visitors can cover all most all in the East. Enjoy your stay in Sri Lanka.
Arugam Bay is situated on the Indian Ocean in the dry zone of Sri Lanka’s South-East coast. The Bay is located 220 km due East of Colombo. It is a popular surfing and tourist destination.
- Arugam Bay Beach: The Arugam Bay Beach is a wide sweeping sandy beach in front of the village of Arugam Bay and is an attraction for surfing and swimming all year-round. The beach isn’t the only attraction at Arugam Bay. The village of Arugam Bay brings about the loveliest sceneries that span over mangrove, jungle, lagoon, river, rice fields and sand dunes. Within such a varied landscape is a pair of National Wildlife Parks that are home to mammals including elephants and myriads of birdlife. Moreover, the historical and archaeological sites in the area reveal the history of the area with its stone inscriptions and longstanding ruins.
- Surfing in Arugambay: Arugam bay is on the list of the top ten surf points in the world. Situated on the South East side of Sri Lanka. Arugam bay receives the same Antarctic winter swell’s that hit Indonesia in the in the middle of the year. The best time of the year is between May and November when the predominant wind is offshore for at least the first half of the day. Due to its location and southerly swell direction the area is dominated by right hand point breaks. There is a beach break in front of the Stardust Hotel, which can be fun for body surfing or for beginners but that’s about it. Three of the point breaks “The Point”, “Pottuvil Point” and “Crocodile Rock” are within an hour tuk tuk ride from the Hotel, with “The Point being visible (15 min walk) from the hotel. There are several other points that are within a 1-hour’s ride or can be accessed by boat.
- Sangamankandy: Sangaman Kandy (Sangamankanda) is the most East point in Sri Lanka. The beaches are still un spoilt and as wide as 100 meters at some placed. The Sangaman Kanda Lighthouse has been built in 1947 with a height of 25feet. This has been destroyed during the 2004 tsunami and only a 15feet of the light house now remains. Sangaman Kanda lies on the Potuvil – Kalmune route. This is a small hillock lying close to the road. But to reach the light house which marks the most eastern point of the country, it said you need to walk through several private lands.
- Muhudu Maha Viharaya: Muhudu Maha Viharaya is in town of Pottuvil boarding the sea in the east cost of Sri Lanka. which had been built over 2000 years ago had owned 264 acres during the British rule and by the time this site was gazetted in 1965. It is a beautiful temple marking the landing site of viharamaha devi. Scattered with stone statues and relics in the white sand dunes makes an impression in the mind. Currently the ruins and remains of ancient stupas, Seema Malaka, Avasa Geya and statues can be seen at the site. Important ruins at the temple premises include stone statues of lord Buddha and two statues of old kings or gods.
Kumana Bird Sanctuary
The Kumana National Park, also known as Yala East National Park is located in the Ampara district of south-east of Sri Lanka at a distance of 391 kilometers from Colombo. Sri Lanka records more than 430 bird species comprising endemic, resident and migrant birds. The wide variety of birds found in the numerous wildlife parks of Sri Lanka makes the tropical island a prime bird watching destination in the world. The Kumana National Park is the most important and most popular bird sanctuary in Sri Lanka. Kumana birdlife supported by Some 20 lagoons and tank is an ornithologist’s paradise. During April–July, tens of thousands of birds migrate to the Kumana swamp area annually nearly 255 species of birds have been recorded in the National Park. Regular sightings of birds include pelicans, painted storks, spoonbills, white ibis, herons, egrets and hundreds of little cormorants. The very rare black-necked stork has also been spotted at the swamp.
Among the breeding inhabitants of the Kumana villu are the rare species such as Black-necked Stork, Lesser Adjutant, Eurasian Spoonbill, and Great Thick-knee are breeding inhabitants of the Kumana villu. The bird species migrate here in large flocks. Asian Open bill, White-breasted Water hen, Lesser Whistling Glossy Ibis, Purple Heron, Great Egret, Indian Pond Heron, Weathercock, Purple Swamp hen, Duck Black-crowned Night Heron, Intermediate Egret, Little Egret, Spot-billed Pelican, Indian Cormorant, Little Cormorant, Common Moorhen, and Little Grebe are the bird species migrate here in large flocks.
Unawatuna is one of the most famous areas in Galle, Sri Lanka. It is a major tourist attraction in Sri Lanka and famous for its beautiful beach and corals. This place is a special place for swimming and it is widely known as a family-friendly beach. Unawatuna beach is popular with both foreigners and locals. It is centrally located in the bay of Unawatuna. The Unawatuna beach is a quiet place that sets the tone of a wonderful location to enjoy the tropical beauty. The beach is the breeding ground of turtles and it is ideal for snorkeling as well. This beach is perfect for swimming as there are lots of good waves in the water. Besides, the sands are clean and white with the coral reefs at the nearby Rumassala is waiting for to be explored.
The Galle fort city of Sri Lanka is located on the southern coast of the country situated a distance around 120 km away from Colombo. Galle is one of the most popular tourist destination, attractions and activities in the region. It is an ancient port city that represents Sinhalese culture. Galle’s most important place is a Galle Fort that is an imposing structure located in the older part of the city which has been declared as a world heritage site by UNESCO.
Some of the important tourist attractions in Galle include the Natural Harbor, the National Maritime Museum, various temples and mosques in the city. On the other hand, Galle is home to a wide range of water sports and adventure activities. The main water sports hub is the Mirissa water sports centre located around 30 Kilometers away from Galle city. Popular activities include sports fishing on the coast of Mirissa, snorkeling safari to explore the coral reefs, whale watching, Hot Air Ballooning and sea diving in the Hikkaduwa.
Colombo is a commercial capital and largest city located on the country’s west coast of Sri Lanka. It is a popular tourist destination in the island. Colombo is a busy and vibrant city with a mixture of modern life and ancient historical colonial buildings and ruins that offers a variety of experience, attractions and activities. The city is consisting different varieties of places as religious places, leisure places and historic places. Those places include churches, temples, mosques, kovils, Planetarium, Dehiwala Zoological Garden, Mount Lavinia, Galle Face Green, Slave island, rivers and lakes, leisure parks, Colombo Dutch House Museum, Colombo Fort, Colombo Light House, Independence square, National Museum and famous shopping malls and markets.